5 Best AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Routers 2021 Reviews and Key Features.
Best AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Routers: Life is not possible today without a good Wireless Router. Or is it?. That is why we have created a list of the Best Wireless Routers of 2021.
As a result, we have carefully detailed this review with top functions to look out for when purchasing one. Carefully go through it below!
1.TP-Link Talon AD7200 – Latest Technology
TP-Link Talon AD7200 ReviewThe TP-Link Talon AD7200 Wi-Fi Router holds the credential of being the first 802.11ad router in the market.
However, that is not the only trick up its sleeve. The router packs in many cutting-edge features to ensure ultimate performance.
Although it’s not inexpensive, this router offers a few impressive features for the price! In this review, we will go into every aspect of this router and find out whether it’s worth your money.
If you thought the Nighthawk X10 is large, wait till you see this one! The TP-Link Talon AD7200 dwarfs its competitor with dimensions of 9.0 x 9.0 x 1.7 inches. This gargantuan router is one of the biggest home routers available in the market today.
While its size may be imposing, the design is understated. The smart antenna design lets you fold down all nine antennas to provide for a flat top surface. Overall, the design philosophy follows function over form.
Talon AD7200 packs an impressive list of features.
- The Talon AD7200 uses Multi-Band technology to run three distinct Wi-Fi bands at once.
- The router supports a combined Wi-Fi speed of 7.2 Gbps (Band 1: 800 Mbps @2.4GHz, Band 2: 1733 Mbps @5GHz, Band 3: 4600 Mbps @60GHz).
- While a traditional router can only stream to one device at a time, the Wireless AC and Multi-User MIMO technologies of the Talon AD7200 facilitates simultaneous streaming.
- The 1.4 GHz dual-core processor is powerful enough to support multiple users at once.
- It has eight state-of-the-art external antennas which help in maximizing range and performance.
- It has 1 WAN and four high-speed Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- The two super-speed USB 3.0 ports allow you to transfer files to an external HDD or USB drive directly.
- The performance on all the Wi-Fi bands is impressive.
- Installation and management of the router are easy due to the TP-Link Tether mobile application.
- The price is reasonable when you compare it to the NETGEAR Nighthawk X10.
- The AD frequency band is supported by a handful of devices currently and the signal cannot penetrate through walls.
- The router has an enormous footprint.
2 Google WiFi – Best Range covering Wifi System
The Google Wifi is unlike any router you may have seen before. In fact, it would be wrong to call it a router.
The Google Wifi system provides an experience, unlike any other router. It’s elegant, simplistic, and offers lots of versatility.
It’s a Wi-Fi system and possibly the best one in the market today.
In this comprehensive review, we will cover all the major features of this unique Wi-Fi system and provide an in-depth understanding of how the three Google Wifi units function together to provide superior wireless connectivity.
While most routers can be an eye-sore, the Google Wifi with its understated design is ideally suited to any environment.
All three units of the Google Wifi system are identical to each other. With a diameter of 4.1 inches and a height of 2.7 inches, it’s relatively tiny to that of traditional routers.
The white body of the router is divided, by an unobtrusive LED light which lends a touch of elegance to the design. Overall, the design deserves high praise and will be well-suited to modern homes.
If you have a large home and want superior connectivity in all parts, the Google Wifi system (3-Pack) is the one we recommend.
3 Asus RT-AC88U – The Gamers Choice
Asus RT-AC88U ReviewMost of computer enthusiasts or users knows of the company Asus because of their top of the line laptops for gaming.
However, Asus is also at the helm for creating several high ends, top of the line routers. The device we are talking about is the RT-AC88U.
This router costs under $300, and it happens to be one of the best wireless routers someone can buy right now.
The wireless router offers a stylish, sleek look. If someone has used an Asus product in the past, they will find this design familiar.
The router is aesthetically pleasing with its complete black construction with red accents along with the antennas;
5 best WiFi Routers it looks straight out of a gaming lineup by Asus and could easily complement your other gaming peripherals
Installation, Configuration, and Performance
The installation process of RT-AC88U is a piece of cake, thanks to the fantastic web interface.
When you connect it to the PC and the internet for the first time, the Asus Web Interface will automatically launch and give you two options to configure the router after you power up the PC.
You can then continue with the wizard or set it manually.
The Quick Internet Setup wizard will check your internet connection and configure your router as a Dynamic IP, Static IP, or PPPoE, depending on your connection type selection
After that, it allows you to set a name for each SSID, and then create a network encryption key for each band. With that complete, it’s setup.
When it comes to performance, the Asus RT-AC88U provides multi-client MU-MIMO data streaming, works extremely fast on both bands (2.4 Gigahertz and 5 Gigahertz) plus file reading/writing and transfers were great.
4.NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000 – AC1900 Dual-Band Router (best inexpensive option)
The next up is another dual-band router. Although, the offer is from none other than the famous Netgear.
For those who don’t know, the company is known for creating a plethora of top of the line wireless routers that have become increasingly famous over time.
Netgear is a company that has dedicated itself towards providing top of the line, unparalleled networking hardware, including their brilliant wireless routers.
The product that we are bringing you today is called the Netgear Nighthawk R7000.
As the name suggests, the router looks nothing less of a stealth fighter jet. The Nighthawk R7000 is AC1900, with 1,300 Mbps speed in the five gigahertz band and 600 Mbps speed on the 2.4 gigahertz band.
Overall, in the 5 best WiFi Routers the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 is an impressive router that offers a lot for the price you are paying for it. Sure, it’s bulky and has some performance issues on the 2.4 gigahertz band
- The Nighthawk gives an incredible, unparalleled performance on the five gigahertz band.
- It has a slew of features that you usually won’t expect from an affordable router.
- The router looks and feels amazing. It also has a great build quality.
- The amazing build quality comes at a cost of added bulkiness that might not allure everyone.
- Although the performance is good, the 2.4 gigahertz band suffers to deliver as good as the competition.
- The software features are a nice addition, though they need proper finishing.
5.D-Link DIR 890L – Best Range Wireless Router
The next up on our list is one of the top tier wireless routers from D-Link.
For those who don’t know, the company has a long history of providing some of the best networking products and the AC3200 Ultra Wi-Fi DIR-890 isn’t here to tell a different story.
It’s perhaps one of the most stylish looking wireless routers we have encountered.
Where the Nighthawk resembled a stealth jet, the DIR-890 looks like race car enthusiasts built it. But looks aren’t everything, right? Let’s find out how this router fairs in things that matter.
The DIR-890 is a fantastic router regarding speed and functionality.
Testing revealed that the router is fast, easy to set up and use.
It also has a good speed/range when using this device for Wi-Fi. Another great thing about this router is that it comes with the ability to be doubled up as a NAS by adding an external hard drive.5 best WiFi Routers
Do keep in mind that the DIR-890 is a tri-band router, and if you happen to be a general consumer who just wants a router for regular use, then this one will be overkill for you.
We have already discussed how the design of this router ends up making a statement of its own, and that’s quite right. The router has an overall red build with black accents.
The router easily manages to stand out, and if you have a computer that follows the red/black color scheme, this is something you must have.
Enough about the looks, let’s talk about the things that matter.
- Incredibly fast and problem-free Wi-Fi with decent range.
- Stellar build quality and amazing aesthetics.
- The router is easy to set up and use.
- The antennas can’t be detached.
- The price might be an issue for some.