ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Tri-Band Gaming Router 2020 Review
Routers keep advancing as the year goes by. The idea of a gaming router is mostly nonsense. When you break it down, there’s very little which makes a gaming router distinctly useful for gaming. But if you are still interested in getting this router, below is a detailed ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Gaming Router.
About ASUS Rapture GT-AX11000 Router
Take your online gaming performance to the next level with the ROG GT-AX11000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Gaming Router from ASUS. Boasting a total aggregate data throughput of up to 11,000 Mb/s and eight external antennas, this tri-band router supports Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), a wireless standard that allows for data speeds up to 2.53 times faster than the Wi-Fi 5 standard.
The ROG GT-AX11000 comes equipped with a 2.5 Gb/s WAN/LAN Ethernet port, as well as a Gigabit Ethernet WAN port, four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, and two USB 3.0/3.1 Gen 1 ports for sharing files or devices across the network.
Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi routers, the ROG GT-AX11000 supports 4 x 4 multi-user MIMO, which allows the router to transfer data with multiple devices simultaneously. The router also supports a series of ASUS technologies that help to ensure gaming data packets are prioritized on the network.
- Game First V gives gaming packets on ASUS ROG devices top priority, helping to ensure gaming packets are always at the head of the internet queue.
- Game Boost analyzes network traffic and prioritizes gaming packets, giving games a second level of acceleration for the best possible performance. Also, game Boost can be activated instantly with a single click on the Gaming Center dashboard, and it supports many popular consoles, including PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, and Xbox One.
- ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 includes built-in support for the Gamers Private Network powered by wtfast, which provides private, optimized internet connections to game servers, minimizing ping and latency to help ensure smooth, lag-free gaming.
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
- Up to 11000 Mb/s
- 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz / 5 GHz (Tri-Band)
- 8 x External Antennas
- Triple level game acceleration accelerate game traffic With device, game packet and game server prioritization
- Cutting edge hardware offers the best performance 1.8 GigaHertz Quad Core cpu and 2.5 G gaming port for ultimate performance
- Your own gaming mesh network Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi Fi system for seamless whole home coverage.Memory:256 MB Flash,1 GB RAM
- ASUS wrt enables support for open, advanced monitoring and control which includes device bandwidth utilization as well as device or usage prioritization
- ASUS AiProtection security to neutralize internet threats before they hit your network
- Nextgen ax Wi Fi is backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi Fi devices and Supports current Wi Fi devices. Operating Frequency:2.4 GigaHertz, 5 GigaHertz 1, 5 GigaHertz 2
ROG-Themed Gaming Center Interface
Provides easy point-and-click control over the GT-AX11000’s various features.
When it comes to ranking, a great connection to your game server is critical. Game Radar lets you check ping times to different servers before you play, so you can choose the best server and gain the competitive edge.
Supported games include League of Legends, Overwatch, Dota 2, Hearthstone, Diablo III, Hero of the Storm, Garena LoL, StarCraft II, World of Warcraft, World of Tanks, and World of Warplanes.
Lets you dedicate one 5 GHz band to gaming, so you can avoid competing for bandwidth with other devices on your home network.
With dynamic frequency selection (DFS), ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 also unlocks 15 channels in the least-congested 5 GHz bands, providing more bandwidth for all of your wireless devices.
Lets you run a VPN and an ordinary internet connection simultaneously, allowing you to enjoy maximum gaming speeds even if other network users need to use a VPN.
Aura RGB4 Lighting
Capable of displaying hundreds of colours and multiple effects for a stylish vibe that matches other Aura-enabled gaming gear. Available effects include Static, Breathing, Color Cycle, Comet, and Flash & Dash.
This Trend Micro-powered security feature is designed to defend your network from external attacks and threats. Even if your PC’s security software isn’t turned on, AiProtection Pro helps to protect your network from attacks and intrusions.
Additional Wi-Fi Features and Specifications
Coverage area: Designed for very large homes
Beamforming (standard-based and universal)
1024-QAM high data rate
20/40/80/160 MHz bandwidth
Network service filter
System event log
Additional Features and Support
Link aggregation (802.3ad)
Guest network (2.4 GHz x 3, 5 GHz-1 x 3, 5 GHz-2 x 3)
Mac OS backup
Enhanced media server (AiPlayer app compatible)
- Image : JPEG
- Audio : MP#, WMA, WAV, PCM, MP4, LPCM, OGG
- Video : ASF, AVI, DivX, MPEG, MPG, TS, VOB, WMV, MKV, MOV
AiCloud personal cloud service
3G/4G data sharing
- Multifunctional printer support (Windows only)
- LPR protocol support
ASUS Download Master
- Supports BT, NZB, HTTP, ED2K
- Supports encryption, DHT, PEX and magnet link
- Upload and download bandwidth control
- Download scheduling
AiDisk file server
Samba and FTP server with account management
1 x Power
2 x Wi-Fi
1 x WAN
1 x LAN
2 x USB
1 x WPS
1 x 2.5 Gb/s port
Wireless router mode
Access point mode
Media bridge mode
Windows 10 / 8 / 7
Mac OS X 10.8 / 10.7 / 10.6
Why Choose ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Tri-Band Gaming Router?
If you’re looking for downsides, the biggest negative aspect of this router is the cost. Premium equipment comes with a premium price tag, unfortunately.
This kind of equipment would be suitable for eight high-bandwidth wireless connections, and half as many wired connections. It’s hard to imagine many circumstances where that kind of power would be insufficient unless you’ve got a hundred people on your network.
Suffice to say, the gaming-oriented features make it a little easier to keep your connection smooth. That makes this router great for playing essentially any of the most popular games out there. Whether you’re into League, Diablo, or whatever game happens to be trending on Twitch this week.
Because the ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 is incredibly powerful. Like many powerful gaming PCs, not many people truly need this level of performance. But if nothing else, this kind of equipment does help ensure you probably won’t need another router for the next decade.