Best Laptop Cooling Pads and Functions 2020 Updated Review.
The one you choose depends on how much cooling you need, and the design of your laptop. Today, we’ll be looking at the three best laptop cooling pads for 2020. We’ll help you understand the differences between them, and pick the one that’s right for your laptop.
Cool Pads Function in a Laptop
Basically, the main issue is heat. The more heat a chip generates, the more power it uses. Plus, laptops are not able to handle the same high temperatures as desktop computers are. They solve this problem using something called throttling.
But suitable for Zoom desktop client.
Your fans can only remove so much heat from a chip, so when the heat is too much to bear the chips have to be slowed down. Gamers struggle with throttling the most. They’ll often notice that as soon as their games start to get intense, suddenly your computer slows to a crawl.
Fortunately, cooling pads are a solution. Most laptops work by drawing cool air in through the base of the laptop, passing it over the CPU, and exhausting it out the back. When you’re using a cooling pad, you can force more air into the system and improve the rate of cooling. But not all cooling pads are alike.
Havit HV-F2056 15.6” to 17” Laptop Cooling Pad
Despite the fact that the Havit HV-F2056 is packing three powerful fans, it’s ultra slim design makes it very portable. But that didn’t stop them from designing it with an aggressive, powerful look. The mesh top of the cooling pad is embossed with a large X across the face.
We’re not exactly sure where the X comes from, considering that the product name doesn’t contain an X. But the one thing we are sure of is that it looks darn cool.
- Ultra-portable: slim, portable, and light weight allowing you to protect your investment wherever you go
- Ergonomic comfort: doubles as an ergonomic stand with two adjustable Height settings
- Optimized for laptop carrying: the high-quality multi-directional metal mesh provides your laptop with a wear-resisting and stable laptop carrying surface.
- [Ultra-quiet fans]: three ultra-quiet fans create a noise-free environment for you
- [Extra USB ports]: extra USB port and Power switch design. Built-in dual-USB hub allows for connecting more USB devices.Warm tips: The packaged Cable is USB to USB connection. Type C Connection devices need to prepare an Type C to USB adapter.
Cooler Master NotePal X3
Cooler Master NotePal X3 is one of the coolest looking notebook cooling pads on the market. Although they could have easily just designed a simple square pad, they used rectangular tapers on the top and bottom and triangular tapers on the side to create a tough-looking X shape.
The fan itself is illuminated with blue LEDs, and they’ve added two plastic LED strips on the top and bottom. Considering the low price of this cooling pad, you might be inclined to think that cooler master took a “form over function” approach with this product. But we found out first hand that this pad’s performance is a top notch as its looks.
- Mesh surface and 1 fan provide a chill mat for your laptop, Ultrabook, notebook, or netbook
- High performance 200 mm fan with blue LED light helps dissipate extreme heat from gaming laptops
- Heavy duty profile provides a sturdy foundation for your laptop
- Front vent provides a smooth breeze that keeps your hands cool and dry
- Two different height settings provide improved comfort
- Built in fan speed controller
- Supports various sizes including 15 inch and 17 inch laptops
Targus Space Saving Lap Chill Mat
The design of the Targus Space Saving Lap Chill Mat is very simple. They went for a nice gray that complements most mid-level laptops on the market. Around the cooling portion, they installed foam cushioning that helps to secure the base of the laptop against the cooling pad, improving airflow.
It’s certainly not much in terms of a snazzy design, but this isn’t too much of a concern for most people since it will be underneath your laptop most of the time.
- Functionality and Design: Dual fans to help keep you and your laptop cool; Works on lap and desk; L-shaped rubber tabs keep laptop in place; Open edges allow for optimal airflow; Cable wraps around outer edge
- Home: Comfortable design ideal for use at home or other areas where a desk or solid workspace is not available
- Portable: Small design that can easily fit in your suitcase or overnighter during travel
- USB-Powered: Fans are powered using a standard USB connection that can be connected to your laptop or computer using a mini-USB cable
- RoHS Compliant
- Limited warranty does not cover products purchased from 3rd party sellers
Which Laptop Cooling Pads is Right for Me?
First, take a look at the bottom of your laptop. How many cooling vents do you see? Where are they placed? Next, you’ll want to consider how effective your cooling system is.
Are you constantly battling with high temperatures and throttling issues? If so, check out the Cooler Master NotePal X3. This cooling pad has an adjustable fan speed and a massive fan so that you can dial your cooling system up to 11.
If you’re using a larger laptop and are looking to compliment an existing cooling system, the Havit HV-F2056 is a great choice. It’s ideal for laptops that have cooling vents on the sides of the laptop, but it works best when your cooling is already effective.
Finally, if you’re looking for a basic cooling pad for a smaller laptop, the Targus Space Saving Lap Chill Mat is more than adequate for standard use. When you’re not pushing your computer to the limit, there is no sense in spending money where you don’t need to.