Best Real-Time GPS Tracker 2020 Updated Guide.
GPS trackers can help you keep close tabs on the location of your assets. More than that, they offer hard evidence about the speed, direction, and physical position of your vehicles. The collected data is more reliable than an eye witness and can accelerate the process of reporting an accident.
A good GPS vehicle tracker will have any number of features especially useful to vehicles, like driver safety tracking, and similar forms of alerts which only occur under highly specific instances. In this guide, we have helped you highlight the best of the best Real-Time GPS Tracker available in the market.
Choosing the Best Real-Time GPS Vehicle Tracker
For selecting a GPS vehicle tracker, portable trackers are your best bet. They’re specifically made to be hidden away on smaller assets. Due to the plant-and-forget nature of these devices, battery life is typically the biggest concern for any vehicular GPS tracker. And portable GPS vehicle trackers tend to be constructed with a battery lifespan intended to last around two weeks of moderate use.
Below are some of the things to consider when choosing the best real time GPS tracker for your vehicle.
Ease of Installation
For most people, having to make even a minor modification to your vehicle can feel like an impossible task. So it’s understandable that ease of installation is a high priority for many people selecting a GPS tracker.
And luckily, a good GPS vehicle tracker should be small and portable enough to be planted on a vehicle and forgotten about. Unless you’re looking to do some like of special advanced installation, using a GPS vehicle tracker should be as simple as hiding a rubber-band full of pencils in your car.
The actual GPS vehicle tracker you purchase may be only half of the expense of tracking a vehicle. Once you’ve got a tracker, you need GPS service. And a subscription to a GPS satellite network costs similarly to a subscription to a cell provider.
And like with a cell provider, you’re going to want to compare companies, find out if you have to sign any contracts, and look for additional service fees you might get tagged with along the way.
You probably won’t have to worry about the extent of your GPS coverage. Some GPS satellite networks cover every inch of the planet; others networks cover virtually every developed country. But if you’re looking at using the GPS vehicle tracker in an exotic location, you’ll want to look at the coverage of the network.
Ease of Use
Finally, there are simple questions of how the tracker is actually used. Do you have to use their smartphone app? A website? Can you monitor multiple trackers simultaneously? How does the device give you alerts about the status of the vehicle?
Essentially any vehicle GPS tracker should provide information about the location and speed of the asset, but great trackers allow you a higher degree of control over customizing those reports. For example, you may be able to specify alerts on the basis of the vehicle leaving a geofenced area at a particular time of day.
Whether you’re trying to track negligent employees, protect your insurance claims, or monitor loved ones, you ought to be able to establish the specific tracking parameters suitable to your task.
Spy Tec GL300MA
The GL300MA is an apt contender for one of the best vehicle GPS trackers you can buy. You can start to see what makes it special by examining the split design of the GL300. It’s partially built to work as a vehicle tracker, and partially built to work as a personal tracker.
That makes the GL300MA equipped for sticking in luggage, keeping an eye on family members, and tracking any of your vehicles.
- Fastest GPS Tracking: Spytec GPS offers the fastest GPS tracking for vehicles, valuables, and loved ones using 4G satellite technology. Receive location alerts from the GPS tracker via our iOS/Android apps.
- Intuitive Software & Features: Easily watch your tracker move along a map, customize boundaries, pull historical data, speed, distance, & more. Ideal for use as a kids GPS tracker or car GPS tracker.
- Reliable Service: With more than a 99.99% uptime and a .256 millisecond processing time our cloud-based technology means we can scale to meet your needs, from the parent with a single GPS tracker to the business fleet with thousands.
- Small & Versatile: Our mini GPS tracker is only 1″ thick with up to a 2.5-week battery life. Simply set/activate and use as a GPS tracker for kids, GPS bike tracker, GPS motorcycle tracker, or teen driver tracker.
- Affordable Subscription: Annual subscription starts at $19.95/month. An alternate month-to-month subscription starts at $24.95/month and can be cancelled at any time, free of charge. We also offer free, 24/7 support.
AmericaLoc has a pretty extensive range of GPS trackers, and they’re all built with a sort of universal versatility that makes them suitable for vehicular tracking. Among them, the GL300W stands out, thanks in large part to Americaloc’s pledge to provide two months of service with your first purchase.
As a result, anyone who’s only going to need a tracker for a short period of time will find the GL300W a ridiculously good deal.
- GPS Tracker for vehicles, people, assets. New version of the famous GL300. 25 a month or even less. Americaloc will add 2 extra months to your first service purchase.
- This is the longest battery life version and the one that works on CAT M1 Technology. No activation or hidden fees. Ready to use. Longer battery life and improved coverage.
- Alerts: movement,parked, speeding, device on/off, low battery, entering or leaving zones, front button pressed.Battery life measured in days or even weeks, not in hours.
- Real Time Tracking and 1 year of tracking history. Track from any computer, tablet or phone or just download our Android or IOS app.
- 1 minute location updates while moving. Can be configured for location updates every 60, 30 or 10 seconds with no additional cost. It is the newest version with CAT M1 Technology.
Like the other two trackers on this list, the Optimus 2.0 has a versatile, highly portable design. But what makes it special is a slightly more advanced set of features. While the Americaloc GL300 is going to be suitable for nearly any kind of vehicle tracking, the Optimus 2.0 is about one step short of being suitable for tracking a head of state or similar VIP.
- Accurate, Discreet, Real-Time GPS Tracker with POWERFUL Twin Magnet Case.
- $19.95 per month – All features included – Cancel Anytime – No Contract – No Hidden Fees – Free upgrade to 10 second report frequency
- Track your vehicle, machinery, valuables and loved ones LIVE 24/7 from our EASY TO USE State-of-the-Art Tracking Software.
- Battery Life up to 2 weeks reporting at the default 1 minute update setting
- Set up custom INSTANT ALERTS – text and/or email – App available on IPhone and Android – SIM Card and Data Plan Included – FCC Certified Unit – Coverage for USA and Canada.
Which of the Best GPS Vehicle Tracker is Good for You?
If you’re satisfied with 30-second tracking intervals, then the Optimus 2.0 is an excellent choice. You’ll save money using their subscription service, especially if you plan on using the tracker for longer periods of time.
The Americaloc GL300 is a great choice for people who only intend to use a tracker for a short period of time. If you plan on going past their two-free months, you’ll find a tracker that’s loaded with a huge assortment of alert settings and rapid real-time updates.
Finally, the Spy Tec GL300MA is great for anyone who plans on using their GPS for years to come. It’s got a versatile build which can move from being a VIP tracker, to a luggage tracker, to a vehicle tracker.