Best USB Wall Receptacle Charging Outlets 2020 Updated Review.
USB has been around for decades, and because it’s adaptable to the future, it will stay around for decades. Which is why USB charging sockets are becoming just as common on electrical wall receptacles as ordinary 3-prong outlets. In this article we have made a review on the Best USB Wall Receptacle Charging Outlets available in 2020.
Choosing a USB Wall Receptacle
You don’t need to be an electrician to choose a good USB wall receptacle. Even if you’re experienced with this kind of home installation, you don’t want to be second-guessing the quality of a USB wall receptacle. You just want it to work. And you shouldn’t lose one of the two standard outlets in the process, unless that’s what you want.
Significance of Amperage
Amperage determines how fast you can charge your stuff. Having one amperage is good for charging a smaller battery over a longer period of time. For example, a one amperage socket will need most of the evening to finish charging your smartphone. You’d want to plug it in before bed, and you’d be in terrible shape if you forgot.
Outlet Size and Layout
If you ripped a standard wall outlet from your wall, you’d find it’s not much thicker than your thumb. But USB outlets are about twice as thick. This detail matters because some older homes use shallow outlet boxes. In those homes, you’d need to replace the in-wall box in addition to the charging outlet. This isn’t an issue in newer homes, since the swap to modern outlets occurred generations ago.
How much technology can you cram into a single outlet? The TOPGREENER answers this question in such a way that makes it almost certain to be the best choice for most people choosing a USB outlet. It does that with inclusion of both USB Type-A and Type-C charging ports. It does it with IntelliChip technology. And all without skipping a beat on safety regulations.
- Works with Alexa and Google assistant (sold separately) to enable voice control; requires a secured 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network connection
- Remotely control electronic appliances and monitor energy usage with built-in Smart Meter to optimize energy efficiency; utilize these features and more by downloading the TOPGREENER app from the App Store or Google play, iOS and Android compatible
- Customize and save scenes, set schedules, run timers and use other advanced features; create an “away” scene to randomize light schedules for added security while on vacation
- Bottom outlet is Wi-Fi and Smart Meter enabled; the top outlet is always on for appliances that always need power
- Wall plate sold separately; child-safe design; 120VAC 15A tamper-resistant duplex receptacle; UL listed, NEC and FCC compliant. Also compatible with the Tuya and Smart Life apps
Leviton T5632-W Tamper Resistant Duplex Receptacle
If the name didn’t give it away, the Leviton T5632-W offers two vertically aligned high-powered USB ports. The USB ports have been nearly positioned between the two traditional power outlets. With a reasonably impressive 3.6A charging capacity, the T5632-W leaves little to be desired. And like with the TOPGREENER outlet, Leviton uses smart-chip technology to their benefit.
- SMART – Built-in smart chip recognizes the individual device’s charging requirement to optimize the charge
- POWERFUL – Two high-powered charging ports with 3.6A of charging power
- CONVENIENT – No more searching for charging adapters! Upgrade your existing outlets so you can charge up to two USB powered electronics at once, leaving the outlets free for additional power needs
- ENHANCED SAFETY – Built in overcurrent protection helps protect the electronic from receiving too much power which can damage the device
- EASY – Compact design fits in a standard wallbox and works with Decora and Decora Plus screwless wallplates, back and side wired for easy installation
- Highest power device on the market
- Wallplate sold separately
Choosing Between The Best USB Wall Receptacle Charging Outlets
The TOPGREENER TU21548AC and the Leviton T5632-W have a number of things in common. With respect to safety standards, both have passed rigorous certification. Both share the same essential layout, and both offer the same number of USB ports.
But the TOPGREENER uses a 2.4A USB type-A port, and a 3A USB Type-C port. You’re either going to be able to use that Type-C port, or not. If you’ve got a smartphone that takes advantage of the Type-C port, the TU21548AC is going to be a no-brainer. And the installation gets a little simpler with the inclusion of their “unbreakable” plate cover for the outlet.
By contrast, the Leviton T5632-W offers a pair of 3.6A USB Type-A ports, with no Type-C port connection. For connecting an individual device, you’ll get fast charge on your electronics than with the TOPGREENER receptacle. But that charge will slow down if you decide to plug in two USB devices at the same time.
Be the first to comment