– How to Screenshot on Chromebook –
Do you want to know how to screenshot on Chromebook? Taking screenshots is one function of a Chrome OS that isn’t properly defined, and there are various methods to achieve it. You can achieve this using the built-in functionality. Let’s see how we can achieve this below.
A screenshot sometimes referred to as a screen capture or a screen grab, is a digital snapshot that depicts the contents of a computer display.
The operating system or software on the device that powers the display creates a screenshot. And, as long as you know the keyboard keys, getting them on a Chromebook is quite simple.
For folks who are used to MacOS or even Windows, learning the keystrokes may be the most challenging aspect, as ChromeOS does not strive to replicate other operating systems for a smoother transition.
How to Screenshot on Chromebook
On a Chromebook with a keyboard, click Ctrl + the Show Windows key to capture whatever you see on your screen. The later key comprises three rectangles stacked in a staggered pattern.
First, we’ll teach you how to use the built-in Screen Capture function on your Chromebook. This program can take screenshots and video screen recordings.
1. Screen Capture Tool
To begin, access the Quick Settings app menu by clicking the clock on the taskbar (also known as “Shelf”) in the bottom-right corner.
If the menu isn’t fully enlarged, choose the arrow in the top-right corner.
Next, click the ”Screen Capture” button.
On a Chromebook, make sure it highlighted the screenshot tool that appears like a camera icon before taking a screenshot.
You have three options for taking screenshots. You can capture the entire screen, a portion of the screen, or a single window. To continue, make your choice.
Each of these approaches operates slightly differently:
1. Full Screen: To capture a snapshot of the whole screen, click anywhere on the screen.
2. Partial: Select an area or section of the screen to screenshot by clicking and dragging your mouse or track pad cursor over it, then select “Capture.”
3. Window: Select the window or portion of the screen that you wish to capture a screenshot of.
When you take a screenshot, it will display in the bottom-right corner of the screen and will be instantly transferred to the clipboard on your Chromebook.
From the preview thumbnail, you may directly “Edit” or “Delete” the snapshot.
2. Keyboard Shortcut
Although the Screen Capture tool is simple to use, if you take a lot of screenshots, you might prefer a faster choice. Keyboard shortcuts come in handy in this situation.
With each of the three screenshot techniques stated above, there are three keyboard shortcuts. The Window key, which looks like three rectangles on the top row of the keyboard, is used in all the shortcuts.
We list the three keyboard shortcuts for taking a screenshot on a Chromebook:
Takes a full-screen screenshot.
Allows you to pick and snap a partial screenshot using the Screen Capture feature.
Opens the Screen Capture application and prompts you to choose a screenshot window.
To take a partial screenshot, move your mouse cursor over an area and pick what you want to capture, then click “Capture.”
To take a screenshot of a window, click the window or portion of the display you wish to capture.
The screenshot will display in the bottom-right corner of the screen and be transferred to your Chromebook’s clipboard if you use one of the three options. The snapshot can then be “Edited” or “Deleted.”
- 7 Ways to Take Screenshots on Windows
- How to View the Clipboard History
- Anonymous Call?
- Current Mac OS Features
3. Use a Stylus
You may also use the pen to snap screenshots if your Chromebook supports stylus input. There are two ways to accomplish this.
1. Tap the pen icon on the taskbar with your stylus connected to your Chromebook.
2. Then, from the pop-up menu, choose “Capture Screen.”
3. The snapshot will be copied to your clipboard and will appear in the bottom-right corner of the screen. The snapshot can then be “Edited” or “Deleted” from the preview thumbnail.
1. In the taskbar, press the pen button.
2. From the menu, choose “Capture Region.”
3. Select the area of the screen you wish to capture using the stylus. To take a screenshot, lift the pen away from the screen.
The screenshot will display in the bottom-right corner of the screen and will be instantly transferred to the clipboard on your Chromebook. By clicking either option, you may quickly “Edit” or “Delete” the snapshot.
Where are Screenshots Saved?
Screenshots are mysteriously stored in the “Downloads” folder on the Chromebook. You can’t change where screenshots are saved by default, unfortunately.
▸Click the App Launcher button in the bottom-left corner to see all the programs installed on your Chromebook and navigate to the Downloads folder. Open the “Files” app from there.
▸In the sidebar, click “Downloads,” and all of your screenshots will appear on the right.
As you can see, capturing a screenshot on a Chromebook has a lot of possibilities. It just depends on which strategy is most effective in your scenario.
How to Take a Picture on Chromebook
Take images or videos with your Chromebook’s camera, edit and print photos, and scan documents. You can also take a photo or video or scan a document with your Chromebook through the following steps;
1. Select Launcher from the corner of your screen.
2. Activate the camera.
3. Choose one of the following options at the bottom:
▸Select Photo and then take a photo.
▸Select Portrait and then take a photo.
▸Select Video and then record.
▸Select Square and then take a photo.
▸Select Scan and then Document or QR code and then Scan.
Change the Way You Take Images or Videos
▸Change your settings: Select Settings. Change the size of the grid, the length of the timer, or the camera resolution.
▸Flip your photo from left to right: Select Mirroring
▸Use gridlines to straighten photos: Select Grid
▸Switch between cameras: At the left, select Switch camera
▸Tip: You can only switch cameras if you plug in an external camera or your Chromebook has 2 built-in cameras.
▸Take photos with a timer: Select Time
▸Take photos with the volume buttons: When your Chromebook is in tablet mode, you can press the up or down volume button to take a photo.
▸Take a photo while you record a video: While you record a video, select. Take a video snapshot.
▸Pause a recording: You can pause a recording, and continue recording on the same video later.
▸Important: When you pause a video recording, your Chromebook will save the video unless you delete it.
▸Pan, tilt and zoom your camera: Select Pan, tilt, and zoom.
▸Tip: If you don’t have this option, your camera doesn’t support pan, tilt, and zoom.
Snipping Tool Chromebook
In Chrome OS, use Shift + Ctrl + Show Windows to bring up the snipping tool. The Show Windows key has a stack of rectangles on it that symbolizes several windows.
Between the Full Screen and Brightness Down keys, it’s normally the 5th or 6th key in the top row. The F5 key may be used instead of the Show Windows key on some keyboards.
The screen will dim somewhat once you hit the keyboard shortcut, and the mouse cursor arrow will convert into a crosshair symbol for the snipping tool.
At the bottom of the screen, a screen capture/record toolbar will display, with the partial screen grab icon selected.
To capture an area of the screen, click and drag the crosshair over it. The snipped screenshot will appear in a preview window at the bottom right corner of the screen as soon as you release the button.
By default, it saves the screenshot in the Downloads folder. To see it, open it by double-clicking on the highlighted file in the preview box.
How to Screenshot a Whole Page on Chromebook
You may capture a screenshot or make a video of the screen on your Chromebook. After you’ve captured your screen, you may look at it, change it, erase it, and share it. Here are the following steps;
1. Press Shift + Ctrl + Show windows.
2. In the menu at the bottom, select Screenshot.
3. Select an option:
▸Take a full-screen screenshot.
▸Take a partial screenshot.
▸Take a window screenshot.
Your screenshots will be saved in the “Downloads” folder. You can alter the location of your recordings or screenshots.
How to Screen Record on Chromebook
Follow these steps to screen record on Chromebook.
1. Press Shift + Ctrl + Show windows.
2. In the menu at the bottom, select Screen record.
3. Select an option:
▸Record the full screen.
▸Record a partial screen.
▸Record a window.
4. To stop recording, at the bottom right, select Stop recording.
Your recordings are kept in the “Downloads” folder. How to Screenshot on Chromebook
How to Screenshot on Samsung
You can take your screenshot on Samsung by holding down the Home and Power/Lock keys immediately. The screenshot will be saved to the Screenshots folder in Gallery after being copied to the clipboard.
You can also screenshot on Samsung using the motion gesture:
Your mobile device supports a “palm swipe to capture screenshot” gesture. To turn off/on the feature, from the Home screen, touch the Menu key > Settings Shortcut> My device Settings Tab Icon > Motions and gestures Settings – Palm Motion > Palm motion.
Note: it may set The Settings menu view type to list view. To switch to tab view, from the Settings menu, touch Menu > Switch to tab view.
Touch the slider Off to turn Palm motion on Slider On. Touch the slider Off to turn the Capture screen on Slider On.
You can now capture a screenshot by touching the screen with the side of your hand and swiping across from left to right or vice versa.
Now your screenshot will be saved to the Gallery’s Screenshots folder after being copied to the clipboard.
How Do You View Your Screenshot?
Open the Notification Panel by swiping your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom, then press Screenshot taken to view the screenshot right away.
Touch Apps Apps icon > Gallery Apps icon > Screenshots from the Home screen to access your screenshots at any moment. Select the screenshot by tapping it.
How to Take a Screenshot on a Samsung Tablet
There are a couple of different ways to capture screenshots on your tablet, depending on what model you have.
Using Tablet Keys to Capture
By swiftly hitting and holding the Power and Volume down keys, you may take a screenshot.
A screenshot will not be taken if you do not press them at the same time or if you hold them for too long. Instead, Bixby or the Power menu will appear.
If your tablet includes a physical Home key, you can also take a screenshot by pressing and holding the Power and Home keys at the same time.
When you capture a screenshot, it will be stored in Gallery automatically.
Palm Swipe Capture
Is there a more convenient way to take a screenshot? Yes, please!
Search for and choose Palm swipe to capture from the Settings menu. Then turn on the Palm swipe to capture by tapping the switch. You may now capture a screen by just swiping your palm across it.
Make sure you’re swiping the right way. The tablet will not take a screenshot if it does not recognize your palm swipe.
Note: Because of a mechanical constraint, the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite does not enable Palm swipe to capture. Instead, you may snap a screenshot with the tablet keys or the Air command menu.
In the Gallery app, you may then view and share your screenshot.
Take Screenshot With S Pen
You can take screenshots using your S Pen and the Screen write function if your tablet has one.
Take a screenshot of the screen you want to take a screenshot of. Tap the Air command menu icon with the S Pen, then tap Screen write.
Your tablet will snap a screenshot of the page you’re on by default. If you’d like, you may write or draw on the snapshot using the controls.
Even if you didn’t write on the screenshot, press Save after you’re finished to save it in Gallery.
To see all of your screenshots, Navigate to Gallery at any moment to see it. Go to the Albums page and then to Screenshots.
How to Take a Screenshot on HP
HP laptops normally run Windows 10. If you know how to capture a screenshot on Windows 10, you can do it on an HP laptop as well. On a laptop and an HP tablet, here’s how to capture a screen.
You have three major ways to take a screenshot: One uses the keyboard, and two others use the software.
How to Take a Screenshot Using the Keyboard
The “Print Screen” option is the quickest way to capture your screen. Press Prt Sc while the screen you wish to capture is visible. It’s near the Insert and Deletes buttons on the far right of your keyboard’s top row.
You won’t see any sign that the screenshot “took” if you use this approach. Use the key combination Windows + Prt Sc for a more visible cue.
When you use this shortcut, your screen will briefly go dark to check that the capture was successful.
Finally, you can use Alt+ Prt Sc to capture the active window.
How to Use the Snipping Tool to Take a Screenshot
The Snipping Tool is another software option that Microsoft is gradually phasing away in Windows upgrades. Here’s how to put it to good use.
1. Click the Start menu and then navigate to the window you wish to capture.
2. Look for “Snipping tool” in the search box and choose it from the results.
3. Select the type of selection you wish to use from the Mode menu. Click Full-screen Snip to capture the full screen, but you can also select a rectangular piece, a single window, or create a custom shape.
4. Choose the sort of selection you’d want to use from the Mode menu. Click Full-screen Snip to capture the full screen; alternatively, select a rectangular piece, a single window, or draw a custom shape.
5. To save, click the button that looks like a floppy disk.
6. A save box will appear, where you may give your image a name, choose a file format, and save it.
Use Snip & Sketch to Take a Screenshot
There are also several software alternatives for taking screenshots in Windows 10. The Snip & Sketch app is one of them. Here’s how to put it to good use.
1. Click the Start menu when the window or screen you wish to record is open.
2. In the search field, type Snip & Sketch and choose it from the results.
3. At the top of the screen, a menu will appear. To capture the entire image, which appears as a rectangle with markings in each corner, select the fourth option.
4. Windows will save the screen to the clipboard and save folder, and a notification will display, regardless of how you capture it.
To open a customization window, click the notification (which includes a thumbnail of the last screen you took).
5. Using the tools at the top of the screen, you may mark up, highlight, and crop the picture in this window.
6. Click the Save icon to save the screenshot.
7. Choose a file name, file type, and location for your saved screenshot in the following box.
You can also take a screenshot on an HP tablet. HP dropped out of the tablet market in 2011, but if you still have one, you can take a screenshot by hitting Power + Volume Down. Screenshots may be found in the Photos app.
How to Screenshot on Dell Laptop
On any Windows computer, there are various ways to snap a screenshot. However, using the Print Screen key is the fastest method.
This key is usually labeled “PrtScnor”prt sc by Dell and is along the top row of keys (though the precise label may vary from model to model). The Print Screen key is next to the Delete key on most Dell computers.
When you hit the Print Screen key, it transferred a photograph of your whole screen to the clipboard on your computer. You may then paste it into another software (such as Paint) to preserve it.
You may use the Print Screen key in a variety of ways, including using keyboard shortcuts to snapshot certain windows or just an area of the screen.
How to Screenshot on Lenovo
Taking a screenshot varies based on the type of computer you have and the program you’re using. There are a few various ways to do it on Lenovo, some of which are only compatible with Windows 10 and others that are compatible with any version of Windows.
If you have Windows 10, here’s how to take a screenshot on your Lenovo.
1. Press and hold the Windows key, then the PrtSc key. For a brief period, the screen will dim, and it will save the image on your display to your Files’ Screenshots folder.
2. Hold down the Windows key and then hit the W key to take a screenshot. On the right side of your display, a sidebar menu will appear. From the menu, choose Screen sketch.
▸Select Screen sketch from the menu after holding Windows and pressing W on your keyboard.
▸Make whatever changes you desire to the image, then save it.
This method is useful if you want to highlight or mark up certain parts of the image for later.
If You Don’t Have Windows 10, Here’s How to Take a Screenshot on Lenovo
Use this approach alternatively if you don’t have Windows 10. It has more stages than the other two, but it integrates their capabilities.
1. To transfer a picture of your screen to the clipboard, use the PrtSc (Print Screen) key on your keyboard.
2. Open Paint (or a similar program) and paste the image into the program using the Paste feature.
3. If desired, touch up the image with Paint’s tools, then save it to your files by clicking “File” and “Save.”
How to Screenshot on Acer Laptop
To take a screenshot on an Acer laptop with ease, you will need the following method;
1. Take a Screenshot With a Robust Screen Recorder (Recommend)
Snagit is a screenshot application that records video and audio output.
Follow the steps below to do so:
▸Downloaded and installed Snagit on your Acer laptop.
▸After you’ve signed in, click the Capture button.
▸Select the screen you wish to take a screenshot of with a click.
▸To save your screenshot, click the Camera icon.
▸Use the editor to change your screenshot.
▸Save your screenshot on your laptop’s desktop or wherever you like.
2. Using Keyboard Shortcuts
▸Use the following keyboard shortcuts to take screenshots of the entire screen on your Acer laptop:
▸Open the screen you want to take a screenshot of. At the same moment, press the Windows logo key and PrtSc.
Then it will take a screenshot of your current screen and store it on your laptop automatically.
- Universal USB Installer Guide
- Best Laptop Privacy Screen
- FiiO M3 Pro Touchscreen
- A Guide to Repairing
How to Screenshot on Asus Laptop
If you own an Asus laptop, regardless of whether it’s a Zenbook, Vivobook, or Taiwan, you’re probably running Windows.
However, you have several alternatives for capturing a screenshot on an Asus laptop, and we’ll show you how to accomplish it.
1. Press PrtSc
By pressing this button, the system captures a digital image of your full screen and saves it to your clipboard, which you may subsequently paste into any image-editing program to save.
The impact is the same if you hit Ctrl + PrtSc on your keyboard.
Note: The screenshot is not saved to your system by PrtSc. It’s just on your clipboard, so if you copy something else before saving the image, you’ll have to take a new screenshot.
2. Press Windows + PrtSc
Pressing the Windows key (also known as the Start button) and the PrtSc key together will save your full-screen screenshot to your computer instead of your clipboard.
3. Press Alt + PrtSc
On computers like Asus, pressing Alt + Print Screen is your final built-in option for capturing a screenshot. You may use this capability to quickly snap a picture of an open window.
Unfortunately, when you take a picture, it is not saved to your hard drive. Instead, the image gets copied to your clipboard, and you’ll need to paste it into a third-party program and save it from there.
Screenshot On Asus Laptop Using The Snipping Tool
The Snipping Tool, which has been available since Windows Vista, is a powerful built-in Microsoft Windows screenshot tool that allows users to snap screenshots with ease.
It’s now known as Snip&Sketch on Windows 10, but it’s the same program. Use the built-in Snipping Tool on your Asus laptop to take a screenshot using the instructions below.
Follow these steps to use the snipping tool:
1. To continue, press the Windows logo key on your laptop keyboard and type Snip into the search box. The Snipping Tool does not have a specific key.
2. From the search results, choose and run the Snipping Tool, then click New in the upper left corner of the page.
3. To choose a specific part of the PC screen, click and drag your mouse, then release the mouse button.
4. Finally, click the Save snip icon to immediately save the updated snapshot. That concludes our discussion.
This is wonderful for short “snips,” but if you need to annotate and share your screenshot online, use Snipping Tool alternatives, often known as third-party screenshot programs.
How to Screenshot on Mac
If you want to capture what’s currently on your Mac, whether it’s tickets to an event, an email you just got, or simply an image of your desktop, knowing how to take a screenshot is a must-have ability.
If you have a Mac, there are three methods to snap a screenshot with keyboard shortcuts, plus a fourth approach if you have a MacBook with a touch bar. Apple provides several choices for quickly saving, deleting, and opening a screenshot for annotation.
You can capture the entire screen, a window, or just a portion of the screen with the following steps;
1. To capture a screenshot, press and hold the Shift, Command, and 3 buttons at the same time.
2. To change the screenshot, click the thumbnail in the corner of your screen. Alternatively, you may wait for the snapshot to be saved to your desktop.
How to Take a Screenshot of an Area of the Screen
1. Shift, command, and 4 should all be pressed and held at the same time.
2. Drag the crosshair across the screen to pick the area to capture. Press and hold the spacebar while dragging to move the selection. Press the Esc (Escape) key to stop the screenshot from being taken.
3. To take the screenshot, release your mouse or trackpad button.
4. To change the screenshot, click the thumbnail in the corner of your screen. Alternatively, you may wait for the snapshot to be saved to your desktop.
Where to Find Screenshots on Mac
Screenshots are saved to your desktop with the name “Screen Shot [date] at [time].”
From the Options menu in the Screenshot app on macOS, you may change the default location of stored screenshots. You may also move the thumbnail to a folder or document by dragging it there.
Frequently Asked Question
Check out some relevant questions asked by our users, which might be important to you.
1. How Do I Move a Screenshot to Google Drive?
The correct response to your inquiry is contingent on the type of machine you’re using and the operating system you’ve installed.
Take screenshots in Chrome OS by pressing CTRL+SHIFT and selecting ‘Show all Windows’ (F5). As a result, I can choose a window and take a photo.
This will show you a thumbnail of the image and a shortcut that will take you straight to the ‘My Files’ app. When I do so, my screenshot file appears in my ‘Downloads’ folder.
However, the cloud does not sync this folder. It is just stored locally on my computer. We’ll need to drag the file to ‘My Drive’ to save it in the cloud. Right in the ‘My Files’ app, you can do that.
2. How Do I Take a Screenshot in Chrome OS?
1. Press Shift + Ctrl + Show windows.
2. In the menu at the bottom, select Screenshot.
3. Select an option: Take a full-screen screenshot. You can take a partial screenshot and you can take a window screenshot.
3. How Do I Take a Screenshot with an HP Laptop?
Press the Windows key and the Print Screen key at the same time (Prt Sc).
Your screen will flicker for a second, showing that it has successfully captured a screenshot.
Go to Pictures > This PC.
All of your screenshots will be saved in the ‘Screenshots’ folder.
4. How to Capture a Screenshot on Chromebook Elisa Wilson?
Taking a screenshot with a combination of buttons is the most simple method.
You may snap a screenshot of three distinct button combinations on your Chromebook. Here are several three-button combinations to test taking a screenshot with.
To take a full-screen screenshot, press Ctrl + Overview.
To take a screenshot of the complete display, press Power + Volume Down.
To use the Screen Capture feature, press Ctrl + Shift and capture a screenshot of the desired region.
5. Where is the Snipping Tool on Chromebook?
It’s normally between the Full Screen and Brightness Down buttons in the top row. The F5 key may be used instead of Show Windows on some keyboards.
6. How Can You Use the Snipping Tool on a Chromebook?
Hit the Start key, type snipping tool, and then press Enter to activate the Snipping Tool.
To access Snipping Tool, there is no keyboard shortcut. Hit Alt + M to select the sort of snip you want.
Then use the arrow keys to select Free-form, Rectangular, Window, or Full-screen Snip, then press Enter.
7. How Do You Screenshot on a Chromebook Linux?
A keyboard shortcut is the easiest way to snap a screenshot on a Chromebook: CTRL + Show Windows.
8. How Do I Retrieve a Screenshot From a Clipboard?
Open the File Explorer program. This may be accomplished by simply opening any folder.
After you’ve started Explorer, go to the left sidebar and click “This PC,” then “Pictures.”
Look for the “Screenshots” folder under “Pictures.” When you open it, you’ll see all of the screenshots you’ve taken.
9. How to Upload all Screenshots to Google Drive in One Shot?
1. On your Android, open the “Gallery” app.
2. Look through the photographs you wish to upload.
3. To choose several photographs, press and hold on to them for a long time.
4. At the top of your screen, tap the “Send” button.
5. Choose “Google Drive” from the drop-down menu.
6. Select Ok
10. How to Screenshot on ThinkPad Chromebook
Press the power button and volume down button at the same time to automatically take a full-screen screenshot.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article on how to screenshot on Chromebook. if you find this article interesting please share it with friends and family on social media.