– How to Turn Off iPhone 12 –
Have you been unable to figure out how to turn off iPhone 12? If you need to restart your iPhone 12 for debugging or simply want to save battery life, it’s straightforward to do so. Let’s look at several techniques to figure out what’s causing your iPhone 12 to not switch off and how to fix it.
How to Turn Off iPhone 12
You’re not sure why your iPhone 12 isn’t turning off. You may attempt to save battery life by putting your iPhone down for a bit.
A software issue is the most common reason your iPhone 12 won’t switch off. A software crash may cause your iPhones display to freeze, making it appear as though it is not going off.
It’s also possible that the buttons used to switch off your iPhone 12 are having a hardware issue.
To diagnose and solve the true reason your iPhone 12 won’t switch off, follow steps below.
We’ll teach you how to power off your iPhone 12 before assisting you with a potential software issue. We’ll discuss repair alternatives if the software procedures don’t solve the problem.
Let’s go through how to switch off an iPhone 12 before presuming there’s an issue.
Press and hold the side button and one of the volume buttons at the same time until the slide to power off shows on the screen. To switch off your iPhone 12, swipe the power symbol from left to right.
Hard Reset Your iPhone 12
A hard reset causes your iPhone 12 to turn off and on again unexpectedly. It’s a simple way to get your iPhone back up and running after a software crash.
It’s possible that the screen on your iPhone 12 has frozen, making it appear as if it won’t turn off.
To do a hard reset on your iPhone 12, follow the following steps:
1. The volume up button should be pressed and held for a few seconds.
2. Press and hold the volume down button for a few seconds.
3. Hold the side button down until the screen blacks out and the Apple logo appears.
4. Release the side button when the Apple logo appears.
For many folks, this will solve the problem temporarily. A hard reset does not solve the software issue that caused your iPhone 12 to crash.
If the issue persists, you might back up and restore your iPhone 12. Later in this post, we’ll show you how to accomplish it. How to Turn Off iPhone 12
One button on your iPhone 12 may be damaged, preventing it from going off. If the Ringer slider displays at the top of the screen, press the volume controls.
However, when you push the volume down and volume up buttons, the slider should go left and right.
To see if Siri is on, press and hold the side button. If Siri is activated, there is difficulty with the side button.
If your iPhone 12’s buttons are broken, there are a few options for turning it off.
1. In Settings, turn off your iPhone 12
▸Go to Settings and then to General. Scroll to the bottom of the menu and select Shut Down.
On the screen, there will be a power slider. To shut down your iPhone 12, swipe the power symbol across the words slide to power off.
▸To turn your iPhone 12 back on, connect it to a power source. If your iPhone had a reasonable amount of battery life when you switched it off, it should turn on promptly.
2. Using Assistive touch to Restart iPhone 12
Assistive touch adds a virtual button to the display of your iPhone. You can use this button to reboot your iPhone 12, activate Siri, take a screenshot, and more.
▸Open Settings and select Accessibility – Touch – Assistive Touch from the drop-down menu.
▸Click Device – More – Restart with the Assistive touch button. When the confirmation pop-up comes on the screen, tap Restart. Your iPhone will switch off and on several times.
- Search with an image on Google
- Turn Off iPhone 13
- How to Get Back Deleted
- Spy Apps For Android and iPhone
Restore Your iPhone 12
When your iPhone 12 won’t switch off, the last home cure we propose is a restore. By returning your iPhone 12 to factory defaults, you may resolve a more serious software issue. how to turn off iPhone 12
If you have a PC or a Mac running macOS 10.14 or older, you’ll need to use iTunes to finish this step. You’ll use Finder if you have a Mac running macOS 10.15.
How to Turn Off iPhone 11
Don’t panic if you are having difficulties shutting off your iPhone 11 or any other new iPhone. Apple had to remove the iconic home button from the iPhone X when it was introduced.
The home button has given way to more screens, which now covers almost the entire front side of the device.
However, this comes with certain adjustments to the iPhone’s other functions. Turning off your new iPhone is a little different.
So if you’re one of the many people who are perplexed by this change, we’re here to assist. Other newer models, such as the iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPhone 12, will also operate with these tactics.
Learn How to Turn Off Your iPhone 11 Using Buttons
Simply follow these procedures to switch off your iPhone 11
1. Hold down one of the two-volume buttons and the side button at the same time.
2. Soon, a slider will display with the wording “Slide to Power Off.
3. To turn off your iPhone, use the slider.
4. Now it’s done, and your iPhone is switched off.
How Do You Turn Off Your iPhone Without Buttons?
Using the phone’s settings is a second way to switch off your iPhone 11. Here’s how you can do it.
1. Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Choose “General.”
3. Press “Shut Down” on the “General” panel.
4. To turn off your iPhone 11, use the slider.
5. Now you are done!
You may wish to switch your iPhone back on after it has been turned off. To do so, just press and hold the side button until the iPhone turns on again.
You may need to execute a soft reset besides simply turning on and off your iPhone 11. This refers to just resetting your iPhone if it is not responding or if you are experiencing other problems with it.
This procedure, as you may expect, differs across new and old iPhone models. Here is how to perform a soft reset on an iPhone 11.
1. To begin, press and hold the volume up button.
2. Press and hold the volume down button for a few seconds.
3. Hold down the side button for a few seconds.
4. While holding the button, pause for a second.
5. Once the Apple logo shows and the phone resumes, release the side button.
How to Reboot iPhone 11
It’s possible that you’ll never have to restart an iPhone in your life, but that’s improbable. You’ll eventually discover that something is wrong, and you’ll need to turn it off and restart it.
So, after it eliminated the Home button, you may use the same method on any iPhone. You may turn off your device by doing these:
1. Pressing and holding both the volume up and the Sleep/Wake button just as is described earlier.
2. Swiping, choose Slide to Power Off when prompted.
However, in our experience, this may be a lengthy process. It can feel like an eternity before the Apple logo shows, especially if we’re tapping the button through the plastic of a protective cover.
Whether it’s actually longer or simply feels that way, there is a speedier approach and it’s one that is more guaranteed.
You will, however, be able to force a restart. In a nutshell, you’ll need to push and hold the volume up and the Sleep/Wake keys once more.
However, you must first notify the iPhone that you wish to restart rather than shut it off.
Follow these steps to achieve this:
1. Press the volume up button.
2. Press the volume down button.
3. Then, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.
4. Maintain the procedure even when you see Slide to Power Off.
5. Keep on holding it until you see the Apple logo.
Take your time with this. You can receive a variation of the shutdown page if you avoid pushing the volume up and down keys and instead simply hold the volume up and Sleep/Wake.
It features the same Slide to Power Down option as the standard one, as well as an Emergency SOS button.
And there’s a countdown on that button that starts right away. If you press and hold those buttons for more than a few seconds, your iPhone will dial 911.
We understand your iPhone was in horrible shape, but you don’t want paramedics knocking on your house.
How to Power Off iPhone XR
The iPhone XR has a ridiculous two-step process for turning it off. Hold the Side and Volume up or down buttons together until the slider appears, then move it to the right.
The Slide to Power Off button may not appear at all sometimes, however, the side button, volume controls, and ringer all function normally. A frozen or unresponsive condition has occurred.
Before we go any further, let’s go through what’s causing the powering-off problem. In most cases, there are three factors to look at:
▸Software Problem. Following an iOS upgrade, the phone may become unresponsive.
▸The iPhone XR isn’t turning off or opening apps, according to several users. When they attempted to open an app and nothing happened, they were frustrated.
Even after a soft reset, the phone still doesn’t work properly, it merely vibrates and doesn’t pop up with the power of the slider. Until it goes into sleep mode, the screen remain on.
▸Taps on the phone screen aren’t responding, and the power off option isn’t working.
▸The power button does not turn the phone off, and neither the home button nor either of the volume up buttons work or have been damaged.
When the power button on your iPhone XR stops working, here are several less-obvious options for turning it off and shutting down the iOS system instead of pushing physical buttons.
If the regular shutdown doesn’t work, do a force restart.
1. Use the Settings apps Shut Down option:
If the iPhone XR’s screen is frozen and doesn’t respond to touches or swipes, you may skip this step.
To shut down your phone, navigate to Settings – General – Shut Down and move the power slider to the off position.
2. AssistiveTouch feature:
To begin, go to Accessibility, Touch in the Settings app, and enable the AssistiveTouch function. Then, on AssistiveTouch, toggle the function on.
Once it’s turned on, you’ll always be able to see its button on the screen. Even if your phone is unresponsive, Assistive touch usually works.
If you haven’t enabled it before the phone freezes, you won’t be able to apply the Accessibility workaround since you won’t be able to enter Settings. This is not a viable choice for shutting down your computer.
- MagSafe Battery Pack Every iPhone
- iPhone 5s Review
- Ways to Easily Repair and Replace
- Best iPhone XR Privacy
How to Turn-on iPhone 12
To execute any of the following functions, you’ll need to become familiar with the buttons on your iPhone. On the left side of the iPhone are two Volume buttons, as well as a side button on the opposite side. How to Turn off iPhone 12
Sadly, recent iPhone hardware lacks a Home button, the Side button, along with the volume buttons, are essential for force resetting, entering recovery mode, DFU mode, and other functions.
There are a variety of options for shutting down the iPhone 12 pro max. Holding the side button and one of the volume buttons together until the slide to power off slider displays at the top of the screen is the simplest way to turn off the iPhone 12 pro max. Simply slide to turn off your iPhone from there.
You may alternatively go to Settings – General and press the Shut Down option at the bottom of the page. The slide to power off slider will display at the top of the screen because of this.
Perform the following steps in a fast and effective way to force restart of iPhone 12 pro max:
1. Increase the volume and then release it.
2. Lower the volume and then release it.
3. Hold down the Side button until a blank screen appears.
4. Your iPhone 12 will restart and return to the Lock screen automatically.
How to Power Off iPhone 13
The necessity to switch off your iPhone has progressively decreased. That isn’t to imply that isn’t workable anymore; rather, there are specific methods for shutting down your iPhone.
With increased durability and stability, as well as the expectation of ongoing round-the-clock connectivity, fewer of us are considering turning off our iPhones.
Recent iPhones, like the iPhone 13, don’t even have an officially designated power button to turn them off.
Here’s how to switch off your iPhone 13
1. Hold down the side button and either volume button until a power slider displays at the top of the screen.
2. Drag the slider from left to right to turn off your iPhone. It might take up to 30 seconds for your iPhone to completely shut down.
You may also use iOS to switch off your iPhone without touching no buttons. Simply go to Settings > General and scroll to the bottom.
To shut down your phone, press Shut Down and then swipe the slider from left to right.
Frequently Asked Question
Here are some of our frequently asked questions from our readers which might be interesting to you.
1. How Can People Fix an iPhone 12 Stuck on the Apple Logo?
To hard reset your iPhone 12, press and release the volume up button, press and release the down button, then press and hold the side button.
Continue holding the side button until your screen goes black and the Apple logo reappears. It’s possible that you’ll have to hold the side button for 25–30 seconds.
2. How to Turn Off My iPhone 13?
Hold down the side button and either volume button until a power slider displays at the top of the screen. Drag the slider from left to right to turn off your iPhone.
3. How Can I Turn Off My iPhone Without Using the Power Button?
You may switch off your iPhone under the Settings app if your iPhone is running iOS 11. Scroll to the bottom of the screen under Settings -> General. Then hit Shut Down and swipe the power symbol from left to right to turn it off.
4. How Do You Turn Off Battery Optimization on an iPhone?
Open the Settings app to do so. To turn off the functionality, go to Battery – Battery Health and toggle off the ‘Optimized Battery Charging’ setting.
5. How Can You Disable/Turn Off 5G on the iPhone 12?
1. Select Settings – Cellular – Cellular Data Options from the drop-down menu.
2. Select Voice control & Data from the drop-down menu.
3. Toggle the LTE option to turn off the default 5G Auto and just use 4G connectivity on your iPhone 12.
6. How to Force Restart a Frozen iPhone?
1. Press and release the volume up button quickly.
2. Press and hold the side button while quickly pressing and releasing the volume down button.
3. Release the side button when the Apple logo displays.
7. How Do I Turn Off the iPhone Proximity Sensor?
On an iPhone, however, you may turn off the proximity sensor by going to Settings – General – Accessibility and turning off the “Enable Proximity Sensor” option.
8. How Can We turn Off the Dial Pad Sound on an iPhone?
Go to Settings > Sounds > Dialpad to disable the dial pad sound on your iPhone. You may then choose to reverse the sound or configure it to vibrate instead.
On my iPhone, how can I turn off the keyboard sound? To turn it off, go to Settings > Sounds and move the Keyboard Clicks slider all the way to the left.
9. How Do I Turn Off “Power Button Ends Call”?
Toggle off [Power Button Ends Call] in [Settings] > [Additional Settings] > [Accessibility] to deactivate.
10. How to Turn Off Siri on iOS 13?
1. Start by going to Settings and then to Siri & Search.
2. Swipe the button to the left to disable Listen for “Hey Siri.”
3. Swipe the button to the left to turn off the Press Side Button for Siri.
4. You’ll see the Turn Off Siri pop-up when you disable both options. Turn off Siri by pressing the Turn Off button.
Thank you for taking the time to read his article on how to turn off iPhone 12. If you find this article interesting, kindly share it with your friends and family on social media.