PS4 Controller Not Charging, What to Do, and What You Shouldn’t Do.
PS4 Controller Not Charging – The reasons why your PS4 controller won’t charge can vary wildly, from minor to major.
That’s why troubleshooting is the first step when you encounter a tech issue — that way you won’t end up buying a brand new controller when all you needed to do was swap out the charging cable or reset the controller. If you want to know further, then keep reading.
In this article, we want to put you through a guide, on what could be the problem your Ps4 Controller is not Charging and possible ways to solve it.
Why Your Ps4 Controller isn’t Working
Before you run to the store in which you purchased your console, there are several simple things you can try. Keep on reading as we are going to share a few possible fixes for the PS4 controller not charging issue.
Before that, let’s look at why your PS4 is controller not charging
1. Built-up dust or grit may be interrupting the power flow and keeping your controller from charging. A quick pass with a wooden toothpick or compressed air may help.
2. There could be a bad cable or a bad USB port.
3. Try to isolate the problem by changing cables or plugging something else into the USB port like a cell phone. If it still doesn’t work with the new cable and won’t charge your cell phone then the problem is the USB port on the PS4.
4. If it works with the cell phone but not the controller, it may be a bad charging port or battery in the controller and you should consider replacing them.
5. A wire might cut inside of the PS4 controller. When it happens like this, your controller is broken forever! there is nothing you can do unless you are covered by a warranty
Ways to Fix Your Controller
We are going to list a few things you can try that helped many of our readers.
If nothing works and your device is still under the warranty, make sure to go to the store in which you purchased it and ask for a replacement of the faulty controller.
Solution No.1: Replacing the Batteries
If you have been using the controller for a long period of time, then consider replacing the batteries as rechargeable batteries lose their charges with time and die. This will not have any effect on the warranty, so feel free to try it out.
Solution No.2: Reset the PS4 Controller
Try to reset the PS4 controller. On the back of the controller, there is a small indent located next to the right screw. Take a toothpick and press that indent down for a few seconds. Then plug in the charger and see if it helps.
Solution No.3: Check Charging Port
There is a chance that the charging port is faulty if it is not charging when connected to the gaming system. Sometimes the charging port gets damaged because of constantly plugging the charger in and out because of stresses.
OUR TEAM RECOMMENDATIONS!!!
- Galaxy s7 Battery Replacement
- How to Troubleshoot No Sound on TV
- My Asus Touchpad Not Working Properly
Solution No.4: Try New Charging Cable
To make sure that the charging cable is not broken, connect the cable to a different controller and see if it is charging or not. If some of your friends own the same type of charging cable, borrow it to see if it works.
Make sure that your PS4 controller is not sitting on any hot surface because it could be the reason behind the not charging issue.
The sensor is the separate component attached by the wire, called the Bluetooth receiver, directly under the cover. So, make sure that when charging it, your controller is placed on a surface that isn’t hot.
One of our readers said that putting the controller into the freezer for half an hour can fix the issue. This tricked was helpful as the controller started to charge normally after this. It may be because of the faulty temp sensor. Do this at your own risk!!!
Another reader reported the controller started to charge normally once it was placed upside down. Thought from personal experience, no matter how strange the solution sounds, try it out as it may be the one that will work for you.
Plug your PS4 remote, turn it upside down and simply let it sit. Some other readers said this trick helped them too, and once they placed the controller this way it started to charge. Moreover, for many, this was the only way they could charge it.
We advise that if at the end the problem still persists, you should take it to your purchase center for more clarification
If you found this helpful, kindly share it!