The Nucleus Anywhere Intercom:Latest 2021 Update Review.
Nucleus is a family communication device that connects you with the people you love, whether they’re downstairs or across the country.
The Nucleus Smart Intercom is an intercom from the future. The Smart Intercom has been designed with families in mind, to improve their ability to communicate. No more shouting to your kids in another room.
At the press of a button, talk to your family wherever they are, even if they are in another building! That’s right. Nucleus not only makes room-to-room calls, and mobile-to-home calls, but home-to-home calls as well
Getting ready to chat
The 8-inch touchscreen on the Nucleus Anywhere Intercom sits below a large black ring surrounding a giant camera lens. The size of the touchscreen is comparable to an iPad Mini’s, but the Nucleus is much thicker. It’s not meant as a device you take around with you.
The Nucleus comes with a stand so you can easily prop it up on a desk. Unfortunately, you can’t adjust the angle of the stand to give yourself the best view of the room. You can mount the device on the wall, and it comes with the necessary brackets.
A smarter intercom
Not only will the Nucleus let you check on your family, it doubles as an Alexa device. Link your Amazon account in settings, and you’ll be able to give voice commands to Amazon’s digital assistant without pressing any buttons
Like Amazon’s always-listening speaker the Amazon Echo, the Nucleus responds to your voice commands and can hear you even from across the room.
The Nucleus is sleek and modern .Thick white bezels ensconce the device’s 8-inch touchscreen display, above which sits a wide-angle HD, 720p camera and noise-canceling microphone array. And that’s about the extent of it.
Tech Specs of Nucleus Anywhere Intercom
- Dimensions: 8.08” x 6.85” x 0.95”
- Weight: 1 Ib
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi/Ethernet
- Screen Size : 8” Diagonal IPS Screen
- Screen Resolution: 1280 X 800
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n
- Wide-Angle Camera: 5MP, 120-degree wide-angle
- Speakers: Stereo Speakers
Key Features of the Nucleus Smart Intercom
- Setup Is Easy: Have it setup and running in under five minutes.
- The Nucleus Is Fast: Calls connect in less than a second. The Nucleus Smart Intercom can launch audio and video calls in under 200 milliseconds.
- There’s an App: Use the app to check in with home from anywhere.
- Amazon’s Alexa: Ask Alexa to have Nucleus play the latest news, check the weather, control your smart home or even play your favorite songs.
- Privacy: If you don’t want anyone peeking inside a particular room just close the camera shuttle.
- See An Entire Room: The wide-angle HD camera lets you see an entire room at a glance.
- Constantly Updating: New features are downloaded and added automatically. The software automatically updates, guaranteeing each device is up-to-date.
Make your Home Smarter
If you look at the small Nucleus unit, you’ll notice it has a built-in webcam, microphone and WiFi connectivity options. The units are connected in such a way that as long as you’re connected to the Internet, you can access them from anywhere on the planet.
- Communicate With Family: With Nucleus communication doesn’t get easier
- Mobile-to-home calls: Use the Nucleus’s free app to connect with home, wherever you are. Stay in touch with those closest to you at the press of a button.
- Setup is Quick And Painless:
- Alexa Enabled: Ask Alexa to play songs, read out the latest news stories, check whether it’s going to rain and control your smart home. Please note, though, that Alexa must be woken up by tapping the Alexa button on the Nucleus device. Also note that Nucleus does not yet support services such as Spotify, Pandora, Belkin WeMo and Philips Hue. Also note that Alexa is available only in the US.
- Built-in Privacy: As mentioned, the Nucleus has a convenient do not disturb mode. If you don’t want anyone peeking in on you just close the camera shuttle.
- Wide-Angle Camera: The wide-angled camera lets you see an entire room at a single glance.
The Nucleus Anywhere Intercom makes video calls easy and connects calls without waiting for the recipient to pick up. With Amazon’s Alexa, you can make calls with your voice or use the Nucleus to control your smart home.
If you find this article interesting, kindly share with your friends.